You don’t have to shave it all to make a difference in the fight against childhood cancer. If you would like to donate 8 to 12 inches of hair as part of our Brave the Shave event, please register below. Hair donations will be sent to Wigs for Kids or Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
- If you are planning on donating your hair at the Brave the Shave event, please register as a volunteer at the event that works best for you: http://www.stbaldricks.org/campaigns/bravetheshave
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Under “Event Listings” choose the event you would like to participate in and click “JOIN.”
- Log in, or create a new account.
- Join a team or create your own.
- Click to register as a volunteer.
We will have the pony holders, paperwork and bags ready for you at the Brave the Shave event on March 13th at the YMCA. We will collect all the hair donations and mail them together.
Hair donations must be a minimum of 12 inches in length to ensure that Wigs for Kids can provide prosthetics for children who wish for long hair. It takes 20 to 30 ponytails or braids to create one hair replacement.
Wigs for Kids cannot accept hair that has been chemically processed — perms, color treated or highlights. Natural color or highlights that wash out are acceptable. Hair that has been chemically processed will not withstand the chemical processing to sanitize the hair. Gray hair is no longer accepted.
When you donate your hair, you are giving a precious gift to someone in need. Pantene Beautiful Lengths want to make sure not a single gift is wasted, so please be sure your hair meets these requirements before you make the cut. If it doesn’t, they won’t be able to turn your beautiful gift into a wig. To be made into a wig, your hair must be a minimum of eight inches. It cannot be dyed, bleached or processed with chemicals. It also cannot have be more than five percent gray.